Transitional Advising

Do you need help finding a new major or need help getting back on track for graduation? Our advisors can help you explore and match your academic interests to a new major. We invite you to take the following steps.

  • Schedule a Transitional Advising Appointment

    If you don't yet know what major you are changing to, you can prepare for your appointment by going through the steps to advising success.
  • Declare Your New Major

    Once you've decided on a new major, your advisor will direct you to complete the appropriate major change form. You can check the deadlines for changing your major in the undergraduate catalog.

Contact Us

Academic Advising Center
Peters Campus Life Building, room 260
815-753-2902 (fax)


Monday - Friday
8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.

To schedule an appointment, email us at

Back to top